Saturday, August 2, 2008

North Face Breast Cancer Awareness Denali

Well-known columnist declared war drivers war

Joe Klein, the well-known and some circles Inconvenient Time magazine columnist has now chosen a particularly powerful enemy . And that's just because he has put the warmongers clean a lobby group in the light of day.


If extremists attack

I is now recognized as anti-Semitic and intellectually unstable and a whole bunch of other things from the people over at the Commentary blog insulted. They want Time Magazine to silence me or fire. This is because I said something that is clearly true, unspoken but in polite society: There is a small group of Jewish neo-conservatives in the 90s have tried without success to get Benjamin Netanyahu to Saddam Hussein to attack and have helped to be successful here, the intellectual rationale for George Bush to do that in 2003, have delivered. Their motivation includes a confused amalgamation of what they think that Israel's supreme Interests and those of the United States. Now they lead the charge for war with Iran.

Fortunately, these people represent a very small fraction of the Jewish population in this country. Unfortunately, their views strongly influence the way up into the highest circles of the Bush government have - and they also seem to influence the campaign of John McCain have. Fortunately, the Bush administration seems to be more interested in negotiating with the Iranians than to attack them - and according to my Israeli friends, the Israelis do anything irrational. I remain proud of my Jewish heritage, a strong supporter Israel and a realist with respect related to the small chance, in common with the Iranians. But I'm not willing to grant these ideologues the anonymity under which they aspire.

early 2003, during my first weeks as a columnist for Time magazine, I wrote a handful of skeptical columns on the coming war in Iraq, including this about Israel's security as a hidden issue. Then, with the troops in position and just before the outbreak of the war, I said something stupid on Tim Russert show on cable TV - I reluctantly said ok, we should continue with the attack. That was the only statement that I made in favor of the war and I came quickly to his senses - but that's no excuse. We have lost more than 4,000 Americans, tens of thousands coming home wounded, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis were killed and wounded, and we are as a result of the war, less obvious and morally.

I will make the same mistake a second time. I do not think a war with Iran is coming, thank God, but this time I will not move his head. My voice is not particularly important in the great game of things, but I will do my job - and let the hießt, you know exactly where I stand and what I believe.

I think that there is a small group of Jewish neoconservatives there who want a war with Iran because they believe that the long term is in America's interest, and because they believe that Israel's existence is in danger. You are wrong and recent history shows us that they are dangerous. And besides, they are also bullies and I will not be intimidated by them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment